About the business
Australia’s leading deconstruction and remediation company is currently seeking an experienced health and safety professional for major projects in Sydney and throughout Australia.
- Contribute to large and exciting projects
- Work for an award winning company and be part of a high performance culture
- Grow your career with a company that supports your career progression and professional development
- Competitive salary and benefits
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Estimating Engineer to join our high performing team. Working as part of Sydney based estimating team and reporting to the NSW Manager and General Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in delivering the company’s undertakings in a timely and cost effective manner in addition to assisting in the preparation of tender documents, tender support for the directors and post tender negotiations and presentations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with quantity take offs for tenders and preparing tender response documentation;
- Attending new tender sites to undertake tender briefing with potential clients;
- Business development activities including contacting and meeting potential new clients;
- Developing methods that provide innovation and a point of difference to our competitors at a tender stage:
- Preparing post tender presentation and assisting senior management to present at post tender meetings;
- Post tender follow up including responding to post tender clarifications and post tender negotiation;
- Provide up-front support for the Site Project Manager to produce relevant site documents required for project commencement;
- Negotiate coemptive rates with suppliers and sub-contractors and assist with setting up sub-contract agreements after award of the project;
- Facilitate or participate in project-related workshops, meetings and discussions;
- Provide support for the Site Project Manager to manage claims and invoicing;
- Assist in maintaining the company’s integrated Work Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality management system;
- Provide administration support for the General Manager and company Directors;
- Undertake other duties as directed from time to time;
- Candidates must be willing to travel throughout Australia from time to time to assist with project site inspections and closure provisioning studies.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you are expected to have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the demolition, civil construction and/or remediation contracting industry.
- The ability to interpret plans and complete quantity take offs for the preparation of tenders or contract variations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with computer programs: Microsoft Project and Office Suite.
- A strong safety focus with experience in the development and implementation of site safety and environmental management documentation.
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks and be deadline driven.
- The ability to work well collaboratively as a team player as well as working autonomously;
- Good commercial background with an understanding of contracts;
- Degree in Engineering, Project Management or Quantity Surveying;
Ideally you will have started your career as a site based project engineer and see this as an opportunity to transition your career into a more office based estimating and commercial management role.
Business development experience preferred.
We are a youthful, dynamic and innovative organisation that has experienced strong growth over the last few years. Our friendly, genuine and inclusive team culture makes Liberty Industrial a great place to work. This role provides an excellent opportunity for short term travel and to visit many new and remote parts of Australia.
If your career has seen you develop strong site based engineering and project management skills and you are now seeking the next step of progression in your career then this is the role for you.
Apply below, only successful candidates will be contacted.