Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Advisor
About the business
Australia’s leading deconstruction and remediation company is currently seeking an experienced health and safety professional for major projects in Sydney and throughout Australia.
- Contribute to large and exciting projects
- Work for an award winning company and be part of a high performance culture
- Grow your career with a company that supports your career progression and professional development
- Competitive salary and benefits
About the role
An opportunity has become available for a Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) Advisor to join our team working on major projects in the greater Sydney area and various locations throughout Australia.
You will be required to provide integrated health, safety, environmental and quality solutions for large scale and technically complex industrial deconstruction, remediation and civil contracting projects.
Regional travel is required; therefore you must be available to FIFO (Fly In, Fly Out), 4 weeks on and 1 week off.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure safety programs are in force at the time and safety procedures are implemented;
- Promote and encourage a safety culture on site
- Ensure reporting procedures concerning significant hazards, incidents, effluent and emission are followed accurately reported in the prescribed manner;
- Conduct induction sessions;
- Manage subcontractor WHS evaluations and compliance to all safety systems/documentation/site safety compliance
- Identification of hazards in the workplace and suitable controls’
- Conduct risk assessments as required
- Initiate and manage site emergency procedures;
- Conduct emergency drills as required
- Liaise with the client in a professional and courteous manner
- Provide information and reports for client/company reporting needs
- Conduct behavioural based observations as per deliverable KPIs
- Assist supervision as necessary to achieve nominated KPI,s and provide HSEQ advice when needed
- Conduct Tool box sessions
- Ensure/Inspect/improve/modify Work Packs, Job Hazard Analysis (JHA), Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) are relevant to tasks being undertaken and are correctly completed and renewed as required.
- Complete daily/weekly site inspections pursuant to scope of works
- Actively contribute and participate in the design Demolition Risk Assessment Worksheets (DRAW) for scope of works and as required by company for projects
- Monitor the health and wellbeing of all workers whilst on site
- Complete incident investigations in a timely and detailed fashion and ensure corrective actions are delegated and actioned to completion
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you are expected to be:
- Deadline driven with the ability to prioritise tasks;
- A strong communicator with effective interpersonal skills;
- Accurate and attentive to detail;
- A team player with the ability to work well collaboratively as well as autonomously;
- Experienced in construction, mining or related industry is an advantage.
The successful candidate will also need a Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or OHS. A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is desirable.
We are a youthful, dynamic and innovative organisation that has experienced strong growth over the last few years and is going places. Our friendly, genuine and inclusive team culture makes Liberty Industrial a great place to work.
Apply below, only successful candidates will be contacted.