Australia’s leading deconstruction and remediation company is currently seeking a talented and driven Senior Project Engineer based out of our Sydney office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a combination of both on-site project delivery and office based tendering.
- Contribute to securing large and exciting projects
- Assist with the delivery of complex demolition and remediation projects around Australia
- Work for an award winning company and be part of a high performance culture
- Grow your career with a company that supports your career progression and professional development
- Work on a diverse range of projects
- Competitive salary and benefits
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Senior Project Engineer to join our high performing team. Working as part of the Sydney team and reporting to both Project Managers and the NSW Manager, you will be tasked with a combination of tendering and project delivery responsibilities, including assisting with the preparation of tender documents, attending site inspections and obtaining quotes from suppliers, as well as assisting in a variety of site based, project specific activities.
This role presents the perfect opportunity for a Project Engineer to progress their career towards a Project Management position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide up-front support for the Site Project Manager to produce relevant site documents required for project commencement;
- Facilitate or participate in project-related workshops, meetings and discussions;
- Provide support for the Site Project Manager to manage claims and invoicing;
- Assist with on-site scheduling including progress updates and 2 week look-ahead programs;
- Completing client and internal weekly and monthly reporting;
- Assist in maintaining the company’s integrated Work Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality management system;
- Undertaking Project Management functions on small projects and assisting Project Managers as required.
- Assisting with quantity take offs for tenders and preparing tender response documentation;
- Attending site inspections to undertake tender briefings with potential clients;
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Post tender follow up including responding to post tender clarifications and post tender negotiation;
- Provide administration support for the General Manager and company Directors from time to time;
- Undertake other duties as directed from time to time;
- Candidates must be willing to travel throughout Australia from time to time for site inspections, closure studies or as a site based project engineer.
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you are expected to have:
- 5 – 10 years’ relevant experience in the demolition, civil construction and/or remediation contracting industry.
- The ability to interpret plans and complete quantity take offs for the preparation of tenders or contract variations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with computer programs: Office Suite inc. Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6.
- A strong safety focus with experience in the development and implementation of site safety and environmental management documentation.
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks and be deadline driven.
- The ability to work well collaboratively as a team player as well as working autonomously;
- Good commercial background with an understanding of contracts;
- Degree in Engineering, Project Management or Quantity Surveying;
Ideally you will have started your career in site based project engineer contracting roles and see this as an opportunity to develop your career into a project management role.
We are a youthful, dynamic and innovative organisation that has experienced strong growth over the last few years. Liberty Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. Our friendly, genuine and inclusive team culture makes Liberty Industrial a great place to work. This role provides an excellent opportunity for career progression within the company.