Australia’s leading deconstruction and remediation company is currently seeking a talented and driven Project Engineer. This successful candidate will be required to FIFO (Fly In, Fly Out) from remote projects around Australia.
- Contribute to large and exciting projects
- Work for an award winning company and be part of a high performance culture
- Grow your career with a company that supports your career progression and professional development
- Competitive salary and benefits
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Project Engineer to join our high performing team. Reporting to the Western Australia Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in delivering the company’s undertakings in a timely and cost effective manner in addition to assisting in the preparation of tender documents, head office support for the directors and other office staff as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with development of specification for procurement of plant equipment and services throughout the project lifecycle;
- Provide support for the Site Project Manager to produce relevant site documents required for the project;
- Facilitate or participate in project-related workshops, meetings and discussions;
- Managing contractors, undertake site inspections and prepare reports, drawings and support documentation activities to ensure that quality & operational targets are met;
- Provide support for the Site Project Manager to manage claims and invoicing;
- Assist in maintaining the company’s integrated Work Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality management system;
- Manage and Control compliance with Q&A project system.
- Provide administration support for the directors;
- Undertake other duties as directed from time to time;
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you are expected to have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in the demolition, civil construction and/or remediation contracting industry.
- The ability to interpret plans and complete quantity take offs for the preparation of tenders or contract variations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with computer programs: Microsoft Project and Office Suite.
- A strong safety focus with experience in the development and implementation of site safety and environmental management documentation.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to prioritise tasks and be deadline driven.
- The ability to work well collaboratively as a team player as well as working autonomously;
We are a youthful, dynamic and innovative organisation that has experienced strong growth over the last few years. Our friendly, genuine and inclusive team culture makes Liberty Industrial a great place to work.